//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, June 20, 2005

"Margaritas This Way!"

When friends have birthdays where alcohol is involved, you know it's going to be a good time. The quote of the day, "Margaritas this way," was proclaimed by none other than the Birthday Girl, herself - in an attempt to get the party-go-ers to actually go and sit at the table instead of lingering in the doorway gawking at the 8.5 month old baby. After we had walked the length of the restaurant (and ended up either in Encino or Mexico - nobody really came to a final conclusion on that) the drinks started coming. As well they should have! Hell, it was a celebration! Conveniently, they had placed us in a corner next to a ladies restroom (strategic planning on someone's part, I would say) - either because they knew we would be drinking a lot or they, too, saw the 8.5 month old baby. Maybe both?

After introductions had been made, and losing two people at the bar before people had claimed chairs, we all settled in. It was a perfect group - LOUD. In my book, LOUD is good. And LOUD mixed with alcohol and funny stories makes it even better. Unless those LOUD drunks who crave all the attention get obnoxious - then it's not so fun. But this wasn't one of those times. This was fun.

I had made a deal to myself that I would NOT drink at this particular social event because the night before I had celebrated my Dad (oh, Happy belated Father's Day to all the dads out there) with a little too much wine. I woke up the next morning still feeling drunk - which Blair made a point of to make fun of me with. And when you forget particular points of the evening and ask your significant other to remind you if you actually had sex or not, you know you were in bad shape. But at least I had a good time! Anyway, getting back to NOT drinking. That didn't go quite as I had planned. How can I celebrate someone's birthday where I'm ordering pitchers of margaritas for the table and NOT drink? How? Well, I CAN'T - that's how. So, I downed a couple and made a point of it to drink lots of water.

The company was good, the conversation was good, the stories were good, the baby was adorable - and good, the food was good... It was an all-around great evening. It was a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday with family and friends. The laughs and the margaritas were abundant.


Again, HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY, MELISSA!

Posted by Jessie_b :: 11:31 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------