//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Second Good-Bye


















Here are a few pics from this past weekend. Blair and I went up to San Francisco to visit with my grandparents and do the "good-bye" thing with them before I take off to the East.

This particular lake that we are next to (or on) is Stow Lake, in Golden Gate Park. From age 4 to 21, I would make it a PRIORITY, no a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT to visit this lake each time I went up to San Francisco. It was MY tradition and it was a very special thing. To actually bring someone else here was a BIG DEAL. Even having Blair with me at my grandparent's was a big deal. I can't really put into words the reasons WHY. I think it has more to do with sharing and experiencing a part of my life that means the world to me and has been part of me for a very long time. That I could actually share that with someone I love (outside of family, of course) means a lot. I kinda feel like this relationship was taken to "the next level" with this trip. I don't know if any of this makes sense to people who read this... So bear with me...

I hardly ever get to see my grandfather emotional. But on Sunday, as he drove us to the airport, he said a few words that struck a chord in my heart. Hugging him and saying "bye" at the airport was hard; tears were definitely involved. I can't remember ever having such a GREAT hug from my grandfather. It was really nice. But just made me that much more sad to say "bye." It was the first of many. Saying good-bye to my office definitely doesn't compare to those few moments by the side of the curb.

Anyway, these are just a few reflections from the weekend. Sorry it took a few days to get them posted.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 10:50 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------