Most Normal Girl
.: The Girl :.
.: Recent Posts :.
A Second Affair
.: Archives :.
.: Other Fun Reads :.
.: Sites I Frequent :.
.: Credits :.
Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger
.: Disclaimer :.
By visiting this site, you read at your own risk. I am known for errors in grammar and spelling. If you become less intelligent by reading this site, become incredibly bored, or are disgusted by what you read - you were warned. Furthermore, I will not be held responsible for ANY mental, emotional, physical, financial, or spiritual damage to you, your friends, your family or strangers. I apologize to my friends and family if I embarrass you. I reserve the right to edit any and all comments on this blog. I also reserve the right to humiliate you if you dare say anything negative about me, my friends, my family, or strangers who I like.
Thursday, February 14, 2008VD
Valentine's Day. Ugh, the most over-commercialized of all "HOLIDAYS." While Groundhog Day is sooo much more cool, every February I dread the 14th. ...And not for any particular reason...
I've had some VERY GOOD Valentine's Days: (and one not-so-good)
* In school, I always had a ton of valentines greetings and candy. And we all know, whoever has more WINS.
* When I was 7 years old, my dad gave me a card that asked me to be his Valentine. That was pretty special. I still have that card, in fact, because it made me feel so special.
* I got roses from boys, even in elementary school.
* I got a teddy bear from Matt when I was in 7th grade.
* Then there was that one with Joe, a long time ago. -That was a special one because it was fun, sexy, romantic, and well - because it sort of felt like I was an adult.
* Then I actually became an adult and things kind of went south. I kidd you not when I say, I spent one Valentine's Day with a boyfriend in the oh-so-classy Arby's Restaurant. Um... YEAH.
* Two years ago Blair sent me flowers over-night when I was away at school. Those were beautiful - and quite unexpected.
This year was another good year. Blair gave me a set of roses that are some of the most gorgeous that I've seen in a long time. (And since he gets me flowers frequently, these are REALLY nice!) He also gave me perfume that I had been wanting for a long while. We went to dinner and had a nice evening. The absolute BEST part of this year was the cards - we both got each other the exact same card! Out of the millions that are produced, especially for this holiday, what were the chances?! ...Maybe that's why he and I are so good together; we have the same sense of humor and pick the same card for each other...
While I hate the thought of spending money and getting all gushy over a holiday, I do enjoy the sentiment of Valentine's Day. It's a day to appreciate those we love and celebrate one another. So while I technically have my valentine(s) for this year (we can't forget Miss Bailey), there are a lot of people in my life to love and celebrate.
So, Everyone, Happy Valentine's Day