//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Friday, February 05, 2010

Belly Buster

Since we found out that we were pregnant, Blair and I have been over the moon HAPPY!  We are sooo very excited to be taking this next step in our journey together and can't wait to welcome the little one.  We're even talking and singing to the tummy!  Even though I'm not far enough along to "feel" the baby, we are convinced that our baby will appreciate our new version of Michael Buble's song: "We just haven't met you yet!"

Although pending parenthood is exciting to think about and plan for, there are bumps in the road - pun intended.  You see, I'm lucky to have a relatively good pregnancy so far... BUT... there are things.  I pee all the time.  I can't sleep comfortably.  The inside of my legs hurt (I think it's because my pelvis is widening).  My lower back often hurts (I hear this will get worse).  The insides of my tummy hurt like the walls are stretching (which, they probably are).  If I sit too long, my butt hurts.  My hair texture is weird.  My face has broken out and now resembles the surface of the moon.  My boobs hurt - and whoa Nelly are they getting bigger!  And the more information I read or get about pregnancy, the more and more I wonder "WHAT THE HELL WERE WE THINKING?"  Don't get me started on labor/delivery.

I know I am supposed to be enjoying these 40 weeks and that this is a precious time in a young woman's life.  Yes, all very true.  I am so thankful that God has blessed us with this gift of life; this is truly a miracle.  Just try explaining that to me when I've not had a good night's rest, can't fit into any of my clothes, have peed for the tenth time during the day and look like someone not-of-this-planet.  Go on, I DARE YOU.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 12:17 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------