//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, February 08, 2010

My Resume Is Ready For Your Review

Since quitting my job last November, I've been thinking about my next career move.  As much as I would love to be a stay-at-home mom (the best and hardest job in the world!) I don't think we're going to be able to do that.  It turns out that living in California is expensive and owning a nice home costs lots of moolah!  So, I've been looking at different websites and have been thinking about what I'm good at.  I even took a color profile test to tell me what jobs might be best suited for me.  (Ironically, the test "told me" of jobs that I've already been doing or am interested in.)  For the better part of the last decade, I've been in the business of education as a college administrator.  But now, I'm not so sure that's what I want to keep doing.  I love working with high school aged students and I love instilling a college-going culture in their schools.  I would love to be a HS college counselor but don't have any experience of actually working in a HS.  And now, with the baby on the way (due in July), I don't know who would hire me considering a lot of training and preparation would happen over summer.

I would love to write for a living but don't feel as though I have anything to say.  I talk about my life, but honestly, it's not all that interesting.  Remember those days when I used to be funny?  Oh, those were good times...

So, if anyone has any ideas of what to pursue (or if you're hiring) please let me know!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:32 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------