//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Friday, June 11, 2010

Tom Coleman

This is a sad day.

A very good friend has passed away and I’m struggling to find words to express my grief. Tom Coleman was a good person. He made me laugh. There are too many memories and there weren’t enough hugs.


Tom is the brother of my ex-boyfriend and is the best-friend of my cousin, John. We spent a fair amount of time together through high school and the few years afterward. I re-connected with him a couple of years ago at a birthday party and got a chance to meet his wife. Tom (or “Tommy”) was so special and will be missed by so many. I just can’t believe he’s gone...

I'm having a hard time dealing with his death. I cannot imagine the pain and numbness that his wife and two young children must be going through. In a moment, someone can be taken from us, senselessly, and what can we do?

Tom, you will be so missed. You have an extraordinary family and there are good people around to make sure that they are well cared for. I will never forget your friendship and the many good times we shared. I hope you meet your dad in Heaven and have a good laugh together.

The fragility of LIFE becomes magnified when it hits so close to home. It's a gentle reminder of how precious we all are - that we are not insignificant - that every moment we share together should be cherished.

There is much more to say, I’m sure. Right now, it’s just too hard to find the right words. I’m an emotional mess. Sometimes writing is cathartic. Today, words are too elusive.

I'm just so sad.


Posted by Jessie_b :: 11:39 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------