//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Summertime

Summer has officially come over us.  And when I say "come over us," I mean that the heat has decided to wrap it's ugly arms around us and fart in our faces - with the doors and windows shut tight.  We are in a hotbox of heat and I HATE IT.  Usually July is a moderate month, weather-wise; it's not until August and September that things are supposed to burn up.  But, oh, here we are...

Our 4th of July celebration was the usual: We got together with friends in the late afternoon and watched fireworks together in our favorite mall parking lot.  -This was only after fighting with the neighbor, who really makes my blood boil.  (I would go into our argument, but not knowing your feelings on pets, I shall refrain.)  I can't believe that only a year ago, on the 4th, I was an enormous pregnant lady awaiting the miracle who was about to be delivered to me.  My, my, how things have changed...


Morgan is going to be A YEAR OLD in fewer than two weeks.  My baby is not such a baby anymore... She's getting so big!  It's still amazing to me how wonderful, beautiful and AWEsome she is.  Every day is more fun and she's learning about her world so quickly!  If you ask her where her hair or toes are, you're going to see an immediate tug of the hair or grab of a toe.  Daddy is trying to teach her "where is your nose" but that's going to take some time.  Her vocabulary is expanding and she's really interacting with the environment - especially if there is a dog, cat, or tree nearby.  The best, though, is her sense of humor.  Our daughter is a HAM!  Morgan is always cracking up and making us laugh; she's very good at teasing and playing games.
Our little bug is on the verge of walking, too.  She is very good at cruising around furniture (always has to be holding on to something or someone).  Still, if she wants to get from point A to point B, she crawls.  I'm trying to be good about not holding her as much, during the day, but there are days when it's nearly impossible (she can be a bit clingy).

I hope to post a few more pics after her birthday party.  We have invited nearly 80 people to join us in this first-year celebration and I'm going to lose my mind sometime between now and then.

So, although this summer is starting off hotter than a whore's panties, we're all doing well and having a good time!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:45 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------