//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Wednesday, February 02, 2005

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

For those still in the dark, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. This of course means there will be six more weeks of winter.

In college, I decided (along with a good friend) that there were too many holidays being left unnoticed. He chose to celebrate Flag Day with the best of 'em while I chose to adopt Groundhog Day as my personal day of celebration. So, every February 2nd, I would greet as many people as I possibly could with "HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!" Most people would just look at me like I was crazy (but what else is new?) or they would be reminded of that awful Bill Murray movie. If anyone was interested, I would give them the details on Punxsutawney Phil and what the forecast would be for the next six weeks - spring coming early or winter staying with us.

It's been a while since college, but Groundhog Day (YAY!) is still sort of a big deal to me. I don't know why ~ chalk it up to another weird trait of mine.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 8:49 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------