//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'll See You In Athens

As I'm well into my twenties, I've come to a more mature state-of-mind. Or at least, I like to think so. There are certain unalienable truths that one comes to appreciate with such age and experience. Many of these truths can be found in my self-indulged pleasure of Sex and the City. I won't apologize for liking the show and finding a little bit of myself in each episode.

That being said, I sat and watched an older episode of the show a few nights ago. I loved the end - when Carrie's voiceover comes in and leaves the audience with these thought-provoking words:

"They say life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
But sometimes, life is what happens when you're waiting for a table."
I've always been a "planner" - it gives me solace, piece of mind, and makes me think that I'm in some sort of control. We all know that's not true, but I try.
Some things, however, cannot be planned. You can't plan to fall in love, you can't plan when you're going to have a baby (well most of us can't), you can't plan your death (unless you're thinking of something really dark), and you certainly can't plan what other people are going to do, say, and/or how they'll react.
The best part of my life is the not knowing. While I try to plan things - just in case - I'm really excited to find out where this crazy roller coaster of a ride is taking me. Maybe Harvard, maybe Paris, maybe Athens Greece on July 21st of 2008.

Posted by Jessie_b :: 11:35 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------