//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, January 10, 2005

So Far, 2005 Sucks

About an hour ago, I made a phone call to my brother. I had told him that I would call him tonight...

In the course of our conversation, he told me that he's being sent to Iraq. Fallujah, to be exact, for 14 months. He waited 11 days to tell me and I'm the last to know, apparently. I'm sad for him and for my family. I can't really go into too much detail about how I'm feeling - sometimes, there are just no words.

To top it off, he then told me that he plans to get engaged to his girlfriend before he leaves in June. Did you read the post about him JUST turning 19? I thought there were moments when my brother was an idiot, but this takes the cake. I'm not supportive of this decision, if you hadn't guessed.

It's hard to know what to say in moments like these. They sort of sneak up and bite your ass off. If I didn't have my own problems to take care of at the moment, I'm sure I would be more outraged. Right now, I just don't care. Fuck it all. And fuck HIM for making stupid choices. I love him dearly, but it's getting harder and harder to support him.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 12:07 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------