Wednesday, January 05, 2005
80's Dancing Queen
Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE THE 80's. Especially the music that came from the 80's. Pop, rock, big-hair bands, all of it...
Every now and then, one of the local radio stations (STAR 98.7) has an all-80's weekend. Or, as is the case that I'm about to talk about, an 80's countdown. The weekend of New Year's was all about the countdowns - counting down favorite moments from the year, favorite videos, favorite headlines, favorite songs, favorite celebrity infractions, you name it. Well, this particular weekend was when STAR counted down the 80's (voted on by the listeners).
Okay, so anyone who knows me also knows how much I love to dance. I'm not all that good, but I do have fun. So, if you combine good 80's music with a freak who loves to dance, what do you get? THE 80's DANCING QUEEN!
Even though I was alone in my bedroom, dancing to my heart's content, playing the air guitar while singing into my pretend microphone... Damn, I was a rockstar!
For those of you who like to reminisce and sing as much as I do, here are a few great words of inspiration...
- Hush, hush, keep it down now, voices carry
- Shout, shout, let it all out
- You know, I wish that I had Jesse's girl
- People are people, so why should it be
- Video killed the radio star
- She told me to walk this way, she told me to talk this way
- It's just another Manic Monday
- I'm never going to dance again the way I danced with you
- Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree
- We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue
- How long, how long must I sing this song
- It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine
- Come on, pour some sugar on me, in the name of love
- Red, red wine
- Oh yeah, we're half there, oh, oh we're living on a prayer
- Make you wonder how the other half die
- If you're lost and you look you will find me Time after Time
- Don't turn around der kommisar's in town
- Our house in the middle of our street
- Wet bus stop, she's waiting, his car is warm and dry
- She told me to come but I was already there. And you shook me all night long!
- I got my first real six - string , Bought it at the five-and-dime. It was the summer of 69
- Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight It must've been some kind of kiss
- Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this lonely life
- Come on baby, make it hurt so good Sometimes love don't feel like it should you make it hurt so good
- I walk along the city streets You used to walk along with me, And every step I take reminds me Of just how we used to be
- If you leave , don't leave now. Please don't take my heart away
- Sometimes I feel I've got to run away, I've got to get away
- I have run I have crawled I have scaled these city walls and I still haven't found what I'm looking for
- Little red Corvette Baby you're much too fast
- We gotta install microwave ovens Custom kitchens deliveries
- Rock me Amadeus
- My blood runs cold My memory has just been sold My angel is a centerfold
- She's got a smile that it seems to me Reminds me of childhood memories
- You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
- It's a nice day for a white wedding
- 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance; Well they're no friends of mine
- Your heart sweats, your body shakes Another kiss is what it takes
- Every rose has its thorn Just like every night has it's dawn
- Sometimes you're better off dead There's a gun in your hand pointing at your head You think you're mad, you're too unstable. Kicking at chairs and knocking down tables, in restaurant, in a west end town. Call the police, there's a madman around
- You spin me right round, baby right round like a record
- You're a real tough cookie with a long history Of breaking little hearts like the one in me
- Hit me with your best shot...Fire away
- Venus on the mountain top Burning like a silver flame
- When I see you smile I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything
- You could have a steam train if you'd just lay down your tracks
- Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
- And there's a storm that's raging through my lonely heart tonight
- Think of the tender things That we were working on, slow change will tear us apart
- And I know that I'm right Cuz I hear it in the night
- Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
- Why do we scream at each other? This is what it sounds like when doves cry
- I got me a car it seats about 20 So hurry up and bring your jukebox money
- In the name of love
- Your mom threw away your best porno mag
- I come from the land down under He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich..
Posted by Jessie_b ::
10:16 AM ::
Party on people!