//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, December 30, 2004

My Hideaway Place

Every now and then, I feel the need to just get away.

Tonight I put 70 miles on my car before I realized where I really wanted to go. It's a place I've been going to for years. A place that allows me to be who I am, to sit and think or reflect on Life. I've done a lot of thinking there - about friends, family, relationships, who I am, where I'm going, what really matters, and sometimes, just to think about nothing at all. I feel safe there and at peace.

I sat there for nearly two hours without realizing it, tonight. I watched others come and sit too. We all needed something from that place; maybe we just needed each other. I watched, too, the life of a city on my left and the vast darkness of the Pacific Ocean on my right. The moon made an appearance a few times - like a copper penny in the sky. I sat there. And stared.

If you asked me where this place is, I wouldn't tell you. It's mine. I can be completely anonymous there and soak up everything that is pure and beautiful about Southern California. I can be anyone and everyone at the same time. I can watch the world go by or just sit and let my head spin. I have found my place and it is my secret.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 10:46 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------