//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Finally, She Closes The Door

I am lucky enough to have my own office at work. Even more, I'm lucky to have a whole wall-side of my office that is big picture windows. I raise the blinds every day to watch the world spin. Or, as the case may be, the rain flood the parking lot outdoors. (Sidebar: You know, a lot of people speculate that California is in danger of having a massive earthquake that would leave those of us along the San Andreas Fault Line breaking off into the Pacific Ocean. A stupid notion, but whatever. I think we are in greater danger of being drowned - where the rain water itself would put us into the rising Pacific with the recent amounts of rain we've all had...)

The only downfall of my fabulous office is that I have two doors - one that leads to our main office and one that leads to another colleagues office. I really hate sharing a door to another office. I mean, REALLY, REALLY hate it. I hate people walking through our offices, I hate the fact that I can hear her on the phone every day (personal calls, I'm talking about), I hate that I feel I can never have my own private space, blah, blah, blah. I shut the adjoining door every morning but my neighbor complains about it - saying she wants the "natural light" to come into her office. Fine. But I REALLY don't like it.

Today I was annoyed with the music that was being played in another office and of my neighbor singing (badly) a little too loud. So, I put on my own music. And turned up the volume just a little too loud (too loud for her liking that is). After about five minutes, she came and shut our adjoining door; without saying a word.

A smile crept over my face as I realized the power of my music. (Thank you Green Day!)
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:32 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------