//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ron Livingston

You know those guys that you're attracted to, even though you can't describe why? That's my infatuation with Ron Livingston - the guy from "Office Space," "Swingers," "Sex and the City - Season 5," "Band of Brothers," "Little Black Book," and more... (Go to this link to find out more http://livingstonsite.tripod.com/)

It was about a year ago when I was sitting in the airport, on my way up to San Francisco for work. It was an early Saturday morning - nothing too exceptional about it. I had just gotten settled into a seat at the gate when this guy sits down in the row right across from me with a bag of Mickey D's and a cup of coffee. I recognized him immediately - even though the shaggy hair, baggy jeans, and patched-up backpack were nothing like what I would have expected. He was beautiful. I sat there and pretended to read my intellectually stimulating book while he ate his breakfast. What's a girl to say in a moment like this? I kept looking up, pretending as if I didn't care who he was... Even though he knew better... It was an awkward eye-avoidance game that we played. Finally, he got my attention and smiled at me - made a direct and conscious decision to do so. I felt like an idiot - I had been caught and he called me on it; no words required.

So now I had to say something. Something smart; something witty. My friend, Geoffrey, says that this next part is one of the best things he's ever heard. So, I says to him (and these are the exact words) "You know, you used to be on my top five list." I was so coy, so smooth, and so deliberate, even I wanted to have sex with me. He smiled and from then on, it was clear sailing. We chatted about life, about work, about travel, about where we were from... you know, the small talk that you do with strangers. Only this was no stranger. It was one of my top five! I felt like this was one of those opportunities in life where you just have to go out on a limb and see what happens... I seriously doubt that I will ever meet any of my other top four guys! I wanted to be memorable! I wanted to be "that girl" that made him feel special on "that one day." Nevermind that I may have made a fool of myself - I WAS MEMORABLE!!! AND NOW MEMORABLE ME WAS TALKING TO HIIIIIIM!

As we shook hands and said our good-byes, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I don't remember what happened after that. Somehow, I got on the plane and went about the daily routine of work - but in a blissful haze. I told the story to my then-roommate, Al, who promptly looked up all his facts and bios for me (when and where he was born, where he went to school, yadda, yadda, yadda). I'm doing my best to not become a psycho-stalker.

If he didn't have a girlfriend, I'm sure I would have scored some big points. Who knows, maybe I already have. I doubt that our paths will cross again ~ but in the mean time, I have a nice story to go along with an even better memory.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 2:36 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------