//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Circle of Love

Last Thursday, my family woke up early to stand outside for three hours to watch a parade. Not just any parade, mind you, THE PARADE. Even as a kid I was never a big parade fan, but this was something that just had to be done. I can now say I went to the Macy's Day Parade, just for the novelty of it all. One thing that I can tell you about events such as these: There is a certain camaraderie that develops between people in such situations. Take, for example, our incident which bound everyone in our circle standing at Central Park West and 67th Street. Three bastard teenage kids (okay, maybe they were 12 and maybe they all have fathers) tried to charm (aka - weasel) their way into our standing area just before the parade was about to begin. The audacity of such young fools! Well, together in our united front, my mom, two NY women (much older), a Texan woman and her husband, along with two other Louisiana belles (again, both much older) put those kids in their rightful spot. We kicked them to the curb, so to speak. By no means were any of us mean to them, but these little punks really thought they were going to sneak their way into our sacred ground? Ground, which we had preserved and claimed as our own for nearly two hours? HELL NO! Those kids learned a hard, but valuable, lesson that day: You may be young, sweet, and innocent - but I'm bigger than you, I make more money than you, and I can outwit you any day of the year. (Oh, and don't mess with a bunch of hormone-induced women; especially when the chance to be on television is on the line!)
Posted by Jessie_b :: 3:34 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------