//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Friday, November 19, 2004

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, the Griswolds are at it again - this time, to take on The Big Apple.

Although I wish I could say it was solely a vacation, it's not. I'm flying into New York on Sunday, working through Wednesday then picking up the folks for a Thanksgiving not soon to be forgotten. This will be the first year that we have taken this type of trip. Because my brother is in Oklahoma ("blowing shit up") with the Marines, he won't be joining us in the latest adventure. (We'll send you postcard, saying WISH YOU WERE HERE!). We are going to do all the cliche New York city stuff - you know, take in the Macy's Day Parade, sightsee, eat, yadda, yadda, yadda.

To tell you the truth: I CAN'T WAIT! I'M SO EXCITED! I've been to New York once before and I absolutely fell in love with the city. When I found out that I was going to be going there around Thanksgiving, I called my mom and asked if she and my dad would like to join me for the Holiday. And thus, here we are...

I love winter and everything about winter: Winter clothes, winter weather, winter decorations, the smells of winter, winter food - ahhh. This will be my first Holiday in winter weather ~ half of you are probably laughing at me right now saying something along the lines of "Rookie - she has no idea what she's in for". Hey, live and learn right?

Wish us luck as we have to put up with each other during the next few days... I'm sure I'll have a funny story or two when all is said and done.

Ciao Darlings!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 2:19 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------