//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, November 18, 2004

My Five Foes

Last week, to my horror, I realized the inevitable. There it was, staring me in the face... Friends, I'm getting older. And now there is proof. Five little grey hairs of proof.

I found these foes as I looked at myself in the mirror, while at school. For some reason, the light here is better than my apartment bathroom - it tells the truth. And there they were: Towards the right side of my head and in a clump. Does this mean that I'm going to have that grey-haired streak going?

At first, I didn't know what to do. Do I pull them? What if those wives tales are true - you know, pull one and two grow in its place? Do I cut them and try to pretend like they don't exist? Do I start dying my hair to mask these monsters? WHAT?!?!?!

It's been a few days now and I'm starting to accept my fate. The healing process has begun. I've already been through the "Quarter-Life Crisis," so I can't even look forward to that. I've come to a more mature state-of-mind where I just accept these things. (And kick and scream and cry when I get home!) However, I'll admit that every time I go into this bathroom now, I try to look for the little devils, or perhaps their friends... YOU LITTLE BASTARDS BETTER BE ON THE LOOK OUT! I'M GONNA GET YOU!

(By the way, if you're wondering what I did with them - I had my friend pluck the little suckers out, and now I'm hoping that two won't grow in their place.)
Posted by Jessie_b :: 10:56 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------