//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Friday, December 10, 2004

Free Dirt!

Over the course of the past year, I have been watching an interesting phenomenon on my drive to work. As I exit the freeway, there is a mound of dirt that has been dug up by construction crews and abandoned. When they first dug it all up, they had posted a sign on top of it saying, FREE DIRT! Well, I guess not enough people got jazzed up about the notion of FREE DIRT! so this mound has been sitting there ever since.

There must have been some fertilizer mixed in with the FREE DIRT! The mound that was once just dirt, has now evolved into a grassy knoll. And it's big. The construction crews have long since left their site, the FREE DIRT! was never taken, and thus, nature took hold. If it wasn't such an awkward mound, I might consider taking a picnic up there...
Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:31 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------