//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cupid Shot Me - And Now I've Got An Infection

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you out there who care! ...Or, as some like to say: Happy VD everyone!... Good times, good times.

Blair and I 'celebrated' V-Day last Friday night in Pasadena (the 102nd time we were in Pasadena last week). So, since we celebrated early, we decided not to do anything else.

Well, ME being ME, I was desperately hoping for flowers and was racking my brain over what to give to him. Because I just HAD to do something, right?

I decided to make a card (which turned out pretty good for an amateur card-maker) and to make a glorious dinner (which turned out pretty good for an amateur chef) complete with candles. And since I had already been taken out to an expensive and romantic dinner, I decided that flowers were lame and overrated. But...

He brought me flowers. Roses. Red ones. 12 of them. They are beautiful. And I adore them.

I know that Valentine's Day is a traditional Hallmark Holiday - a terrible excuse for the flower, card, chocolate, jewelry, sex-toy, and over-stuffed teddy bear industries to make a whopping profit off the public. However, I still like the sentiment. For me, the best part about my Valentine's Day was not in the food, nor the flowers. Instead it was realized last night when I was driving home from work.

As I was sitting in my regular traffic, flipping through the radio stations, I stopped on a familiar song - Tom Petty's "Free Falling." I listened for a minute and when the chorus came up, I belted out the first thing that came to mind. Unfortunately, it's BLAIR'S rendition of the chorus whereby he has changed the words to "Free Balling." So there I was: sitting in my car, singing "Free Balling" at the top of my lungs. I don't even have balls to free; but I was singing about it. It was in that moment that I realized I've been infected with love. I've been infected with lame jokes, lame words to songs, and all sorts of random crap that goes along with being in love with another person. I know all the little things and every day is a new discovery of more. Yep, that little, fat, naked baby has shot me with an arrow and now I'm infected.

It's true: I'm in it. I've got the disease. I'M IN LOVE. And now VD has got me.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:50 AM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------