//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What Is That Smell?

I think employers should notify prospective employees of "external factors" which may be part of the decision-making process when deciding to accept a job position. I found out, TODAY, after more than six months employment, that the building behind our parking lot is a mortuary. Okay - kind of creepy. But what makes it worse is that they cremate people there - which accounts for the BIG ASS smoke stack that is towards the back of the building. Every now and then, I see smoke emerging from the stack - but I really never gave it a second thought. UNTIL NOW!

Apparently, in the summer time when it's all hot and sticky outside, when the old people can't take the heat and literally drop like flies, there is a certain SMELL that permeates the air around the parking lot and our building. (EWWW... I'm on the verge of throwing up, just thinking about it.) And oh, the ashes create a thin layer of film on our cars. (Okay, that's it - the vomit is creeping up the back of my throat.)

They should have really told me about all of this before I started working here. I'm totally obsessed by this - I keep looking out my window; waiting for a Hurst to roll up; waiting for the bodies to be burned; waiting for the smoke; the smell; the ash; THE VOMIT.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:43 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------