//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Sunday, June 07, 2009

June Gloom

June, in So. Cal., seems to always attract the marine layer (otherwise known as low clouds and fog). This year is no exception. In fact, this past week has brought a fair share of rain. It's not exactly cold but not exactly the warm welcome to Summer that you would expect for the month of June. Instead of cute dresses, I've been wearing jeans. Yesterday, at Blair's baseball game, the fans were cuddled under blankets - well, except that one girl who showed up in shorts and flip-flops; I guess she didn't get the weather memo.

June also seems to bring all the single-people to the surface. I have a few good friends who are on emotional roller coaster rides -- and everyone who is in the way gets steam-rolled! You see, the joys of a Spring Fling are short-lived when Summer approaches... And WOW, the devastation! As much as I try to remember those feelings of heartache, disappointment, loneliness, and emptiness, I WISH these friends would GROW from each experience. I feel like shouting "YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING! THIS HAPPENED LAST TIME! S/HE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!" Instead, I hold my tongue and lend a shoulder to cry on. I think there may be some resentment or jealousy toward other people who have found good relationships. Self-worth always becomes an issue in these conversations. ...UGH... I am trying to be sensitive.

And what's with all the dead bees? Has anyone else noticed the dead bees that seem to be piling up on the sidewalks? This past week, I counted no less than 10 bees who keeled over and died right there on the pavement. So sad! Poor bees! Is there something going on? Or is it that I'm just more aware of them, now that I've seen a few? In any case, it's weird...
Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:50 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------