//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Saturday, December 11, 2004

Shake It Like A Polaroid Picture

Tonight we had our annual Christmas Party (for everyone in the company). Whoo-HOO! Fun times, let me tell you...

Having an all-female staff can sometimes prove to be very entertaining. This was the first time that EVERYONE from the staff showed up to this particular event. Three of us were date-less, the only married woman brought her hubby, one colleague brought a boyfriend, and the other three women brought female friends... that makes 13. Even though the tables were only set for 10, we managed to squeeze in 11 at our table (located in the back - furthest from the bar). We were, by far, the loudest group in the room. Once all the food had been consumed, a few bottles of wine emptied, and all the old people started clearing out, we got our groove on the dance floor. The best part of the night was just being one of the girls... I loved it.

I had gone shopping the night before to find something to wear to this shin-dig. While I have a lot of dresses from sorority college-days and from weddings that I've been in, I needed something new... I bought a great high-neck halter-top thing that went great with these silk pants I found at the back of my closet. I looked classy. I had my hair cut earlier in the day, but needed help figuring out what to do with it. My roommate had been hiding in his room all day, so I called my boss for over-the-phone (HELP) tips and decided to finish getting ready at her house. (This is when I love girl-friends... they always come through in a pinch: "Just come over and finish getting ready, here! I live 12 minutes from the restaurant and we can drink before we go over!" YAY!) Needless to say, my hair didn't get "done" but really, who am I trying to impress?

My married colleague and the girl with the boyfriend left early, while the rest of us shook our asses on the dance floor until the party came to an end. We were the only ones left...

Here a few (tame) pictures from the night. Please don't judge the hair...

This coming Friday, our staff will have OUR annual dinner and present exchange. All the girls will be heading to a great restaurant/bar in Long Beach. If you're in the neighborhood, feel free to stop in and join in on the festivities! (PS - I can't wait!)
Posted by Jessie_b :: 11:57 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------