//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Sunday, October 23, 2005

It's Raining It's Pouring... Nobody Is Snoring

Last night, before I went to bed, the rain had started coming down. I love the sound of rain; especially when you get to snuggle into bed and listen to it as you fall asleep. Ah, bliss.

I woke up at 3:20am, to my phone. Blair had called to tell me something, thinking that I would either not answer the phone or sleep right through it. We talked for about ten minutes before we hung up. Trying to wake up to have a coherent conversation was hard enough, but trying to get back to sleep, afterwards, was harder. It was a good half hour before I fell back to dream-land. Why, you ask?

The storm that I had fallen asleep to so peacefully only hours before had turned into a giant wrath of Mother Nature. My eyes were closed, but I kept seeing white flashes. (I was still not 100% there.) I realized, before long, that those flashes were bolts of lightening right outside my window. I have NEVER seen lightening like that. It illuminated my entire apartment. ..And then came the thunder. I live in the mid-section of a twenty-something floor building. My room was shaking of the thunder's vibrations. I'm not kidding. It was THAT LOUD and THAT STRONG.

I can't really remember the last time I was afraid of thunder and lightening - maybe as a kid? Last night, I was scared. I kept imagining that the lightening bolts were going to find out that I was afraid of them, so they were going to purposefully find me and zap me. In my bed, I would be electrocuted.

When the lightening would go, there would be the dread of waiting for the thunder. Sometimes it would be right away - not much waiting; while other times would be torture.. just waiting... Some would be louder and scarier than others. BOOM. BOOOOOOM. GRRR. BOOOM. After a while, I pulled the blankets up over my head. I'm serious people, I WAS SCARED. I wanted to call Blair back, just to tell someone what was happening - so he could protect me from 3,000 miles away. But then I thought that sneaky lightening would have the perfect excuse to zap me - damn cell phones. And, I didn't want him to think I was totally nuts - which he already knows, but still.

Somehow, I managed to get back to sleep. I don't know how long the thunder and lightening lasted - five minutes? Five hours? I'm a little uneasy today and keep checking the grounds outside the building - you know, for damage. I want some sort of proof that it really was as bad as I thought it was. Thank God other people are talking about it, too. I know I can be neurotic at times, but this was just ridiculous.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 6:32 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------