//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Walking Popsicle

When I lived in California, I loved the cold weather. Now that I live near Boston, I don't love the cold weather so much.

You see, there's a lot of ice around here. Ice is not good. Ice is slippery. I had gone snow-boot shopping this past Sunday and I'm so thankful that I found good shoes with traction. I haven't slipped too much; yet. It's just a matter of time, I know it.

Fashion has to go by the wayside during the winter months. These days, it's all about practicality and what is going to keep me warm. I must look like ass. It's no wonder everyone thinks California people are attractive - they don't have to bundle up too much! ...Yeah, I miss those days of actually looking good...

On my walk home this evening, I was sporting the new snow-boots, the fleece hat, the gloves, a turtleneck, and my huge parka-type jacket that was zipped up all the way (covering half my face). And even still, when I got home, my legs were so cold that I couldn't feel them. It wasn't snowing and I'm not wet. This is only going to get worse.

Oh, and let's not forget the cold face. There's really nothing you can do about that. I never knew your eyeballs could actually get cold. Do you hear me? I said your EYEBALLS get cold! Do you know how weird that is?!?! Anyone who knows me that when I get cold, I turn bright red. And I expect to permanently have a bright red nose for the next few months. Yes, it's true - I'm Rudolph.

Anyway, it's been a long day and I'm tired. I'm going to have to throw an extra blanket on the bed tonight and get out the hot water bottle - if you haven't heard, it's a little chilly...
Posted by Jessie_b :: 8:13 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------