//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Second Semester Schedule

Since I've been fielding questions about courses a lot lately, I thought I would just post a blog for the world to know.

The shopping for classes has been going well. (Admittedly, it's been hard to drag my ass out of bed each morning. I got a little to used to sleeping in, during my break.) I shopped three classes yesterday and three today. This semester, I will again be taking four classes - two of which are required (the other two are up to us). I think I've figured out all four classes, but am still sort of on the fence. I might actually audit one other class - not for any credit, but because the class seems sooo interesting. (In essence, I won't have to do any of the requirements of the course - no reading, no paper-writing, no exam-taking - nothing -but have the benefit of sitting in on the class to participate in lecture and class discussion.) We'll see... If I stick with my four classes that I have in mind, I will have a decent schedule - one three-hour long class on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I'll have Mondays off - but, if I decide to audit this other class, it meets on Monday... so... I don't know.

I'm also trying to figure out what kind of work schedule I need to have to maximize my earnings. As it stands, many of these three-hour long courses are right in the middle of the day. That makes it kind of tough to figure out when to work (while not neglecting a lunch hour). I want to work at least 15-20 hours per week.

I really need to just sit and try to figure all of this out. The good news is that I have nothing scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) so I can lay out all my options before me and truly decide what is going to be best. Or, if I figure that part out by tonight, I can work all day tomorrow for at least a small paycheck for the week.

For some reason, this semester seems especially "heavy" with reading and papers. Furthermore, many of the courses will have big reflection papers and big group projects - unlike the first semester. I'm looking forward to the reflection papers, but I get uneasy about group projects (some people don't pull their weight in group projects). Classes begin next week and I've already got a ton of reading to do. GREAT.

The good news is that I've got 3.5 months to get through and then I'll be DONE. Getting there is going to be the challenge; but worthwhile in the long run.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:26 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------