//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, May 01, 2006

Harvard-Centric

Today, for the first time, I felt the enormity of the big H.

I was sitting in the main library, Widener, reading a book on leadership. I happened to look up and out the window - taking in the full view of the Yard outside. I then turned my attention to the gigantic hall that I was sitting in - when, it struck me. This is Harvard. This is what people want to see, feel, and be part of. And I was sitting there - in it. Among the millions of books, the time-honored tradition, the history and the glory - I was sitting in the epitome of the academic hall.

I walked around Harvard today - seeing it in a way that I had not seen before.

Why is it, that when I can count down the days before I leave, I'm already starting to miss this place?
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:46 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------