//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Book

Seems like the last few months have not allowed time for rest, let alone time to pick up a book. But that's exactly what I've done.

I'm reading the sweetest book for anyone who is a dog-lover, like me. It's called Marley & Me by John Grogan. I know, I know: this book has been on the shelves for the last couple of years and I'm waaaay behind the times. They even filmed a movie which is due out this Christmas. Whatever. Life has been busy and I'm just now getting to it... Don't even ask me about Harry Potter. And those Twigh-tards can just F-OFF already (seriously, they're annoying and obnoxious as all hell. Just stop it already. When Blair and I go to the movie and you're lined up 4 HOURS BEFORE YOUR MOVIE STARTS, GET OUT OF THE WAY! And don't bring your book to the movie theater. That's just lame.).

What I love about the story of Marley is the sweet love and (seeming) innocence of man's-best-friend. In many ways, it brings me back to my childhood memories of my first dog - Samantha. Moreover, it makes me realize that The Destoyer that lives with me now (aka: Bailey) is akin to many other dogs out there... (Though, Bailey has awesome powers of ADORABILITY that set her above the rest.) This book has also inspired me to take a few more pictures of my precious beast.

Pets do amazing things for people. They remind us of what it means to be goofy; how feeling good can make you dance around without a care in the world; that when you "got to go," you really "got to go"; that paying attention can bring you reward; that playing in the grass is fun; that when you're scared, sidling up to mom make you feel better; that shoes are awesome; that there's always room in your heart for more love. I love having a dog in the house and I'm pretty sure that she's taught me valuable lessons in patience and parenting. So - if you're looking for a nice, simple, yet sweet read, I suggest learning more about Marley.



I wish I could gush more about my dog but Blair and I are headed out for a movie screening! We're going to see a preview screening of Frost/Nixon followed by a Q&A period with Frank Langella and Ron Howard!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:00 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------