//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, March 14, 2005

"Never Give Up!"

Me: Hi (withheld name) - well, I didn't get into UCLA or Columbia for Graduate School. I'm starting to lose hope.

Him: Never give up!

Me: Yeah, yeah... I'm waiting to hear from Harvard and USC now.

Him: Persistence will pay off.

Me: I don't think I'll get into Harvard... Maybe USC.

Him: You never know 'til you try - you should know that.

Me: I'm trying!! I've applied!! But I'm getting a little disillusioned. Maybe grad school isn't in the cards for me at this particular point in my life...?

Him: Maybe not. Life changes and that's what is so darn interesting about this whole thing.

Me: Yeah... I'm hoping that something BIGGER is in the cards for me.

Him: Don't worry - be happy. I have no idea why that came into my head.

Me: Thanks (withheld name), you always bring such enlightened perspective to these little chats.

Him: No seriously. If you take life too seriously it will get the best of you. Love you!

Me: I love you too.


I'm trying not to take it too seriously. I'm trying not to take it too seriously. I'm trying not to take it too seriously. Am I taking this too seriously? Oh shit, am I obsessing? Me, obsess? NEVER.

...Well, he did say to never give up...
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:49 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------