//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Sunday, April 24, 2005

Writing From The Comforts Of My Second Home

This will be my last work-related trip for a while. I'm stationed in Northern California for eight days, having flown up Friday afternoon from San Diego. The great thing about working up here is that I get to spend time with family and friends - so this truly has become a "second home" to me. As I type, I'm freezing my ass off in my grandparent's house near San Francisco. I love this house, despite the ass-freezing temparature. I swear, it could be 80 degrees and sunny outside but it's always -10 degrees and dark inside. I blame it on the redwoods; then again, they're redwoods and are BEAUTIFUL... Anyway, I'm up here and loving it.

What I am NOT loving is the week ahead. It's going to be a hellacious week - not only because it's going to include hundreds of miles of driving, long days, late nights, an exhausting schedule and not a lot of time for play, but because I'm not home with the people that I really want to be with. Who knew that getting involved in a relationship would make me want to see that person so much? ...It's a nice change...

Speaking of which... Blair's birthday is on Monday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAIR! I wish I could be there... Anyone else besides Blair can look away now. --LOOK AWAY.-- Okay. Blair, even though it would probably have turned out awful, I would have done my best to make you dinner and maybe even a cake. But since I'm not, your intestines will have to be spared until next time. I hope this year brings you nothing but happiness and well-being - you've already got me, so that's a step in the right direction! (Call me modest.) I can't wait to see you and am so happy for our time together. You've brought a new smile to my heart and I just adore you. OKAY, EVERYONE ELSE CAN LOOK BACK NOW!

In other news...

I had a chance to talk with my brother yesterday. He's got some big news (which I can't really talk about at the present time)... let's just say that I'm really happy for him. AND he's been promoted in the Marines! Congrats, Scott! We had a chance to talk very briefly - it was an unexpected conversation. I'm so proud of my brother and happy that he is happy.

I really have so much more to say, but it's nearly 1:00a.m. and I'm tired. Please forgive the uninteresting posts as of late... I'm usually much more witty.

Another thing: I changed my hair. And people, IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. I wanted to go for a darker look and instead came out with a reddish/plum thing. I'm hoping to have it changed within the next few weeks because I don't even recognize myself in the mirror - and that's never a good sign. If I wasn't so embarrassed I would show you all a picture; but take my word - I'll NEVER do this again.

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that Joe called. It turns out, he's not getting married after all. I'm happy for him - if there is ever a guy who SHOULD be single, it's him. We've crossed into a new friendship and I'm really happy about it. Maybe I've grown up a little. I think the idea of him and the memory of who he was to me at 16 years old has faded. Life has changed us both, for the better. I'm really looking forward to getting to know him again, as a friend. I hope he feels the same way.

I miss writing... I miss my home... I miss TiVo... I miss Blair... And I miss being warm in my bed (geez it's cold in here!)...

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 1:07 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------