//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Can I Keep Him? Pretty Please?

By now you all should know that I've met someone and have been seeing him for a couple of weeks. Yes, it was that guy that got my dad the ticket to the World Series -- if you don't know what I'm talking about, you haven't been reading my site (at least not since March 24th). PAY ATTENTION.

He's just about the best damn thing I've dated since I announced TiVo was my boyfriend. (Coincidence that his last name rhymes with TiVo? I THINK NOT!) And what is even better is that he likes me THAT MUCH too! It's a mutual "likeness" - no pun intended! So when I told him that I wanted to talk about him on the Internet, I asked if I could use his name or if he would prefer an alias. He let me decide. So, I've been trying to come up with some names...

Here's what I've come up with so far: (A list - imagine that!)
1. Shmoopy: sort of a pop-culture reference to Seinfeld. "No, you're the shmoopy!"
2. Love-Muffin: uhhh... blink... blink...
3. Honey/Dear/Sweetie/Babe: these are all the typical ones. I'm tired of typical.
4. B.F.: his initials; but could that be any more boring and non-descript?
5. Newer Guy: but that might confuse people since the last guy I dated was "new guy" which then turned into "last guy" but was still being referenced to as "new guy" -- get it?
6. Number 24: but that could be really misleading - I don't want you all to think I'm a slut or that number 24 is MY number... oh no, no, no... it's HIS favorite number - not that I'm his number 24 (I'm actually very happy about that, but that's a whole other conversation) - but this just takes too long to explain and I really don't want to launch into a whole thing about the number every time I were to mention it... already this is too long so this just won't do.
7. Dodger: because he's a Dodger's fan and has season tickets. But I knew a guy named Dodger once - he was this really old guy with a funny shaped head. So everytime I hear the name Dodger, when it's not being referenced to sports, I think of that old guy. I don't to think about old men when I'm trying to tell the world about the amazing guy who I have the biggest crush on.

So, instead, I think I'll just stick to his name. It's a good name and I think it's about time I tell you all who I can't seem to get enough of. Blair. Even typing it feels good. Blair. Blair. Blair.

He makes this normal girl feel like the most amazing woman on the planet.
And any man that can do that deserves to have his name mentioned on the Internet. Blair.

Posted by Jessie_b :: 9:22 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------