//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Freaking Out

That was weird. Today I came "home" to my parent's house because I'm going to have to get up early and work out here tomorrow morning. I figured I would save myself from the morning commute - and sleep in that additional hour or so.

Tonight, though, as I was "resting my eyes" on the couch, the phone rang. It was 9:00pm exactly - I checked the time. When I answered the phone, I must have taken the caller by surprise. It was a male voice, asking to set up an appointment for the piano to be tuned. W-H-A-T?!?! When the gentleman identified himself with some obscure company and wanted to know if I would set up the appointment with him, I got a little freaked out. I told him that it wasn't a good time and that he should call back later. What piano tuning company calls at 9:00pm on a Wednesday night?

So of course all of these crazy thoughts start going through my mind... Is someone watching the house? Do people know that I'm here, alone? Anyone could peek in our windows and see that there is a piano - maybe they are robbers and had planned to break-in but because I answered the phone they changed their plans? These thoughts are keeping me up. I turned on an appropriate amount of lights in the house - just so that everyone knows that I AM HERE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE 9-1-1. But still...

These are the moments when I wish I had a friend to call. But it's late and I'm sure everyone is sleeping. Which is exactly what I should be doing... But maybe THEY are out there... WATCHING.

I think this cold medicine is going to my head.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 11:27 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------