//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, September 15, 2005

Drinking Buddies

I have a feeling I will be re-visiting my college experience in more than a few ways. Last night, a number of us went out to a local bar and DRANK, DRANK, DRANK. The only difference between drinking last night and drinking when I was an undergraduate student was that:

1. Everyone was passing around pictures of their significant others and/or kids.
2. Instead of talking about sex, drugs, and rock n' roll, we discussed trends in Higher Education and how that is affecting people. I'm serious. We talked about such issues for NO LESS than two hours -- and I LOVED IT. (These people are geeks about education, just like me!)
3. Instead of stumbling home, we all waited at the bar until we sobered up a bit and then I took the bus home.
4. As soon as I got home, I didn't pass out in a haze or spend the rest of the night praying to the porcelein Gods. Instead, I bought books online and poured myself a glass of wine.

So while the drinking may be the same (in fact, I am SURE that I'll be drinking more this year than I did in my entire four years of undergraduate experience) I am definitely different. The people that I am drinking with are different. I feel that this was just a preview of what is to come over these next few months.

... AND I CAN'T WAIT...
Posted by Jessie_b :: 5:50 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------