//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Friday, February 24, 2006

Yada Yada Yada

So - I love Seinfeld. The show. Seinfeld (along with Friends) has been a part of my life since high school. Back then, my friend Kathy and I would quote Seinfeld episodes in conversation ("you're the baby!"). When I met Zak, the Seinfeld thread was always there. He would remark that he would come home at the end of the day, relax in front of the t.v. and there would be Seinfeld. We had a Seinfeld affinity. My dad still thinks the funniest half hour of television belongs to the Seinfeld family - Kramer: "I'M OUT!"

Now, I just love to walk into a room and proclaim "HELLLOOOOOO!" like Jerry did in that one episode. Or talk about "pick - no pick." Or refer to one's own intimacy as being "Master of your DOMAIN." Or exclaim "Serenity NOW!" in those just-oh-so-right moments. Or wiggle your index finger like the Soup Nazi. Or send your friend into a sauna to find out if someone's breasts are real. Or know someone like NEWMAN. Or exclaim "GET OUT" and push someone really hard when you've just been given unbelievable news. Or talk about "Festivus for the Rest-of-us." Or know about funky car smells - is it BO? Or have a whole "muffin top" industry. Or make fun of Elaine's dancing. Or talk about "shrinkage." Or associate the name with Delores with the female anatomy.. you know.. One of my absolute favories was the Yada Yada Yada episode:

GEORGE: Listen to this. Marcy comes up and she tells me her ex-boyfriend was over late last night, and "yada yada yada, I'm really tired today." You don't think she yada yada'd sex.

ELAINE: (Raising hand) I've yada yada'd sex.

GEORGE: Really?

ELAINE: Yeah. I met this lawyer, we went out to dinner, I had the lobster bisk, we went back to my place, yada yada yada, I never heard from him again.

JERRY: But you yada yada'd over the best part.

ELAINE: No, I mentioned the bisk.

Ahh, yes, I love me the Seinfeld.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 3:38 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------