//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, September 15, 2005

Baseball - The American Pasttime


















Baseball, as long as I can remember, has been a part of my family. Generations of baseball and baseball history is in this family. My dad is a baseball enthusiast - Angels (whether they're from California, Anaheim, or Los Angeles) have always been his team. I remember, as a kid, playing ball with my dad. "Keep your eye on the ball," was one of those lessons I learned early in life.

It's only fitting, then, that I find a guy who loves baseball as much as our family. Maybe more. Not only does he have season tickets, not only does he play every Sunday (and Wednesday night softball), but he's also the guy who was instrumental in sending my dad to the World Series. Could he be anymore perfect?

Before I left to come this direction, I had bought my dad four tickets to the Angels vs. Red Sox game. My mom, dad, Blair, and I, all went to the game - it was one of those "last hoora" things that seemed to be prevalent before I left. Well, once Blair and I got here, the Angels were in town. THE ONLY THING Blair wanted to do that week was go to Fenway (and who wouldn't?). So, we ended up going twice (Angels won 1 of the 3 game series on the 2nd night we went). You can read more about this in a post from a few days ago. But I wanted to post a few photos from our night at Fenway.

Long live BASEBALL!
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:24 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------