//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Thursday, August 24, 2006

We're All In It For Ourselves

This whole thing on blogging is weird, isn't it?

I just spent the last few minutes cruising through blog sites of others. People really love to talk about themselves. Those are the majority of blogs out there - people talking about people and what happens in their daily lives. To the rest of us who don't really give a damn or who can't relate - it's pretty boring.

So why do so many people do it? I think it has something to do with...
1. Wanting to be heard. Call it an anonymous soap-box where everyone can have a world-wide audience. For FREE. Some of you even make money off your ranting.
2. Stoking our own egos. LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME. I'm interesting and dammit, if I'm ever famous, you will read all about me and my world. I will be famous for the sake of being famous - like Paris Hilton.
3. Feeling like we are part of a living history. After you love me, REMEMBER ME. FOREVER.

I admit I'm part of this weird phenomenon and I still kind of like it. Even if it's for all the wrong reasons, this blog is a representation of ME. Weird or not, boring or not, read or not... it's mine; all mine.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 4:05 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------