//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th

This was from a friend of mine. He wrote:

"As I drove into the office this morning, I was listening to the radio as the DJs were calling out names of those lost in 9-11. I couldn't help but think of all of my friends and family and how thankful I am to have each of you still in my life. That day changed our society and it's unfortunate how soon we forget about how close and united the days after the bombing we all became. Time goes on and we move forward and somehow we become so busy in our own lives that we don't take time to say thank you for being part of one anothers' life.

I wanted to send an email letting you know that I am greatful that you are still part of my life and I am happy that we are each still here today. Today, I hope each one of you truly takes a few moments and reflects on how much each one of us mean to eachother, how we have helped and supported one another and although time and distance sometimes prevents us from talking or seeing one another, I'm letting you know that you are in my thoughts. Also, I hope you take some time to mentally thank those who protect us on a daily basis - those above and yes, those who are still here with us, protecting... the soldiers, the FBI agents, homeland security, police force, fire... without them, 9-11 can become an easier re-occurance. I believe today should be our day to give thanks... perhaps our generation's "Thanksgiving".

I hope you have a GREAT day and know I am thinking of you."

And in response, I wrote back:

"Yours was the first e-mail I opened this morning.

I think 9-11 means something different to all of us. Individually, we see how the world (perhaps how WE) have changed in the last five years. I still get goose-bumps when I remember where I was, what I was thinking, and how lonely I felt. To me, today’s memory serves as a reminder of how personal those terrorist attacks were – it was more than just the buildings, it was more than a particular date, a particular time, a particular person… it was part of all of us. And that memory will never be forgotten.

At the heart of today, I am hopeful that we can take the time to reflect on what is important in our lives. Maybe each other. Maybe those who we have lost. Maybe hope for a safer/brighter future. Maybe… all of it. But as we reflect, it’s important to remember that we keep moving forward. The sun will rise again tomorrow and LIFE keeps living.

Thank you for being such a wonderful and special friend to me, XXXXX. I love our friendship. Despite the distance (of space and/or time), you are always in my heart."
Posted by Jessie_b :: 1:42 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------