//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Friday, September 30, 2005

Headline News

This post will offend some people. I advise you that if you are fond of freakish baseball enthusiasts, are conservative, are against anything drug-related, hate California, are from the mid-West, or like the smell of cat piss, you should stop reading now. If any of these subjects peaks your interest and you can read with an ounce of sense of humor, I encourage you to keep reading.

I've eluded to it before, but the news channels around here are weird.

Every single news hour begins with the update of the RedSox. I'm not kidding. The world could be coming to an end, but we first have to find out how the RedSox are doing... it's close, you know. Being a RedSox fan, I don't mind it so much - but the this type of behavior borders on lunacy. Even the weather guy tells us how the weather will be for the game. You know how they give the morning, noon, and night temperatures? Well, they always include the game temp (and whether or not fans will need to bring a jacket) along with the RedSox icon in the middle of the screen. It's crazy, I tell you.

Some of the news reports are weird too. Yesterday, for example, two stories caught my eye. One was a story of a big drug bust in town ($75,000 of pot was being grown at somebody's house). As usual, the news reporters interviewed the neighbors. One neighbor actually said something to the effect of, "I am just so shocked. I mean, this is something that you expect to hear about in California, but not here." Yes, that's right lady, we're all just a bunch of pot-heads who have nothing better to do than to grow, sell, and get high off our wacky tabacky. To make a point to the public that DRUGS ARE BAD, the police put caution tape up around the property and then invited members of the community in to take a look -- just to make an "example" (words they used) of the people that lived there and just how BAD DRUGS REALLY ARE. (They had left all the pot out in one of the rooms so that the people could see.)
Sidenote here: Does anyone else out there think this is asinine? I couldn't believe what I was watching/hearing... Time to grow up, folks. People in Massachusetts are P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

The second news story was about these two guys who lived in a house but who never cleaned up. The neighbors had complained so much that the Courts decided it was a public health hazard. Clean-up crews had been working all day in the house to remove the trash, 12 cats, urine-stained mattresses, dead rodents, and "scum" that had overtaken the property. The images that they showed were REALLY disgusting.

Yeah, I'll take the house of pot over the house of piss any day.

I'm trying to figure out what this state is all about, but I'm really having a hard time. If it weren't for all the college students and liberal-minded professors in this community, I would think that I was somewhere in the conservative mid-West (and we all know what a bunch of loons they are!). ...I just don't get it...
Posted by Jessie_b :: 10:18 AM ::
---------------oOo---------------