Most Normal Girl
.: The Girl :.
.: Recent Posts :.
.: Archives :.
.: Other Fun Reads :.
.: Sites I Frequent :.
.: Credits :.
Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger
.: Disclaimer :.
By visiting this site, you read at your own risk. I am known for errors in grammar and spelling. If you become less intelligent by reading this site, become incredibly bored, or are disgusted by what you read - you were warned. Furthermore, I will not be held responsible for ANY mental, emotional, physical, financial, or spiritual damage to you, your friends, your family or strangers. I apologize to my friends and family if I embarrass you. I reserve the right to edit any and all comments on this blog. I also reserve the right to humiliate you if you dare say anything negative about me, my friends, my family, or strangers who I like.
Thursday, September 22, 2005Things I've Noticed
Here is a list of things that I have observed or taken special note of, since living on the East Coast:
1. Toilet seat covers (you know, the paper ones) can ONLY be found in the airport. -It's completely changed my entire going-to-the-bathroom-routine.
2. Local headline news talks about issues such as a woman's cat being shot by a BB gun. This is a good thing - I got used to hearing about PEOPLE being shot at, in L.A.
3. Buses are anywhere between 5 minutes and 45 minutes late.
4. Nobody is ever in a hurry - they...go...especially...slow.
5. California is GLAMOROUS. I sort of always knew this - but, wow, people out here really have no idea how UNglamorous it really can be.
6. The streets are permanently bad - potholes, tree roots uprooting sidewalks, broken cement, cobblestone/brick streets where the cobblestones/bricks are missing... AND IT'S NOT EVEN BAD WEATHER, YET.
7. Cars have the right to run over you if you do not obey the cross-walk signal. That means, watch out!
8. Fast food restaurants are hard to find. Again, this is a good thing. Um, unless you like fast food... yeah...
9. Parking, anywhere, is expensive and hard to find. Not that I should care; I don't have a car.
10. One way streets are EVERYWHERE - which applies to bicycles, too.
11. Streets are not in a grid pattern -- no, no, they go around in circles sometimes. Just for fun, they even change their name along the way, too!
12. The leaves start to change color in mid-September. There is an anticipation in the air for the fall to come... It's palpable. And VERY exciting.
13. Cemeteries are at every turn. There are a lot of dead people over here - some of them even live next door!
14. All the grocery stores have different names. I had to sign up for rewards points for all new stores.
15. Things are just as expensive out here as they are out there. Which means, I'M BROKE.