//--> //-->

Most Normal Girl


Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Er, um, I think.

I saw a total of 3 people dressed up today. 2 of the 3 were adults! What happened to Halloween? Why aren't all the kids dressed up?

Wanna take a guess at how many trick-or-treaters I saw? Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. Nada. 0. Seriously, WHAT IS GOING ON?

I walked home from the bus station, thinking about Halloween of years past. One of our neighbors, Randy, used to do a spectacular set up on the neighborhood. I've never seen anyone out-do Randy's castle, dragon, wizard, flying witch, tombstone graveyard, sound effects, flashing lights, and more, that started out in front of his house and (over the years) migrated to take over his neighbor's house too. It was huge. People would come to our street, just to see Randy's display. Even the local news would show the enormity of it. It truly was awesome.

Randy moved away earlier this year. And with him, the kids. My parents said there were hardly any visitors to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood, this year. Whereas in years past, the door would hardly close and there would be another DING DONG, this year was not so busy. It makes me kind of sad.

How come, the older I get, the less spectacular all the Holidays become? The luster has been lost; and nothing is left to replace it.
Posted by Jessie_b :: 8:59 PM ::
---------------oOo---------------